Monday, June 18, 2012

Getting the house in order

That's better.

I haven't blogged here for four years, or anywhere else for a year and a half. Blogger has evolved, monitors have gotten smaller, tastes have changed.

I still love me some purple, but that old layout with the deepdark color and links to extraneous things and a super-wide header image and everything was just not doing it for me, so I switched to a standard template and tweaked the colors just a tad. I don't know what those things on the edges are, but I'm okay with them if you are.

Procrastinating? Maybe a little. But I also wrote that whole long post this morning, and got out my materials and cleared a work space and put away the stuff that was in the way and isn't part of the process, and went on a non-quilt errand and came home and recovered from heat stroke. So sitting still for a while and playing with templates was totally justified.

I found the materials and Bob found the full-sized sketch. When I took the lid off the fabric bin and went outside to clean off the utility room grunge, Jamba stepped in to make sure nobody absconded with any bits of fabric.

No comments: